News and events HEalth Outcomes and Biomedical Informatics
The Department of Health Outcomes and Biomedical Informatics Newsroom is the hub for faculty news and research, including press releases, upcoming events, announcements and media coverage. If you are a member of the media, please contact Diana Tonnessen, Communications Manager, at (352) 294-5972 or via email, email@example.com.
upcoming and recent EVENTs
CTRB Room 2161 and via Zoom
1:00pm to 2:00pm
HOBI Assistant Research Scientist, Khairul Siddiqi, PhD, presented “Identifying and Characterizing HIV PrEP Users from OneFlorida+ & Exploring Provider’s Insights on a PrEP Clinical Decision Support Tool.”
Our HOBI Seminars calendar includes upcoming and recent presentations by visiting faculty, guest speakers, faculty candidates and graduate students. For recent and upcoming HOBI Grand Rounds speakers, please visit the HOBI Grand Rounds web page.
- May 26 – Tianyao Huo, HOBI PhD candidate dissertation defense, “Examination of Disparities in Pediatric Lipid Screening and Management in Florida Medicaid,” 10-11am via Zoom.
- May 24 – Satish E. Viswanath, PhD, Assistant Professor, Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, “Computational Imaging for Precision Medicine: A quest for generalizable AI models,” 11am-noon, CTRB 2161 and via Zoom.
- April 12 – Rui Yin, PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Biomedical Informatics, Harvard Medical School, “Machine learning modeling to facilitate the precaution and diagnosis of diseases,” 11am-noon, CTRB 2161 and via Zoom. WATCH RECORDING
- March 31 – Richard Moffitt, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Biomedical Informatics, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY, “Building the National COVID Cohort Collaborative: Investigating Acute and Long-term Outcomes of COVID-19,” 10:30-11:30am, CTRB 2161 and via Zoom. WATCH RECORDING
- March 29 – Wei Zhang, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of Central Florida, “Computational Frameworks for Multi-omics Data Integration to Improve Disease Outcome Prediction,” 11am-noon, CTRB 2161 and via Zoom. WATCH RECORDING
- March 1 – Matthew Ruppert, HOBI graduate student master’s thesis defense, “Optimization of Inpatient Level of Care Through Multi-Task Learning,” 3-4pm, Communicore CG-98 and via Zoom.
The next generation of super-smart computers, tablets and cell phones may come equipped with artificial intelligence-generated medical chatbots that can interact with patients using human language and medical knowledge.