These instructions apply to both the Graduate Certificate in Implementation Science and the Graduate Certificate in Biomedical Informatics.
(1) Complete and submit the UF Admissions GRADUATE CERTIFICATE application.
Under the Application Information section:
Indicate your intended program location: “Main Campus – Gainesville” (Implementation Science or Biomedical Informatics) or “Distance Education” (Implementation Science ONLY)
When selecting Certificate Information:
Choose: Level = “Graduate”, College = “Medicine”, Certificate Name = “Health Outcomes and Implementation Science” -OR- “Biomedical Informatics”
Under “Education and Activities” –>”Transcripts (optional)”
Use the “Upload Transcript” option and upload a single document that includes:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Purpose (1 page limit), which includes: (1) A brief overview of your background; (2) your reasons for applying to the program; and (3) your career goals and how a graduate certificate in Implementation Science or Biomedical Informatics will help you achieve those goals.
Note: This document must be uploaded for your application to be considered complete! Your application will not be reviewed without this attachment.
(2) Have 3 recommendation letters sent to HOBI-Education@ad.ufl.edu.
Requests for letters of recommendation from UF faculty and staff should be accompanied by the UF Release for Letter of Recommendation form. Applicants are strongly encouraged to include at least one letter from a research mentor, if you have prior research experience.
(3) Submit the UF application fee payment following the instructions provided by the UF Office of Admissions.
(4) Arrange to have official transcripts for prior degree programs sent to the UF Office of Admissions following the instructions provided by the Office of Admissions.
- Transcripts must be sent to the UF Office of Admissions from each post-secondary institution attended. If you previously attended UF, you do not have to order a transcript; we will be able to access it through the UF system.
- International applicants must submit to the Office of Admissions an official copy in the native language of each transcript, mark sheet and diploma/degree certificate from each university or college attended, along with certified, literal (exact) English translations for documents not originally issued in English.
(5) Optional: Arrange to have official test scores (GRE, MCAT, IELTS, MELAB, TOEFL) sent to the UF Office of Admissions following the instructions provided by the Office of Admissions.
- UF Office of Admissions
POB 114000 (201 Criser Hall)
Gainesville, FL 32611-4000
- The University of Florida’s code for submission of GMAT, GRE, TOEFL and TSE scores is 5812.
Note: Test scores are not required for admission into UF Graduate Certificate programs. Submitted test scores will be used by the Admissions Committee to assess the applicant’s fit as part of their overall application.
(6) Notify us that you have submitted your application by e-mailing HOBI-Education@ad.ufl.edu with the subject “Graduate Certificate Application Submitted.”
- You can check the receipt of materials by the Office of Admissions by clicking the Check Your Status button.
For questions and other information, contact: HOBI-Education@ad.ufl.edu.