CISCO/VoIP Phone Purchasing
Employees moving physical locations within the department should take their CISCO phones with them; their number will move with them. Phone orders should only be placed for new employees when no phone is available to assign to them, or for employees without a CISCO phone. Once a phone order is placed it will take 1-2 weeks to receive the new device.
Requesting a CISCO/VoIP Phone through IT:
- Put in a request for the desired phone equipment through the IT Service Desk using the “Phone / IP Phone” option”.
- In the body of the request, include:
- Department Name (Health Outcomes & Policy).
- Fiscal Contact’s name and email address (Carrie Pons or Tami Ford).
- Full name of the person the phone will be assigned to.
- Gatorlink ID (not UFID) of the person the phone will be assigned to.
- Building and office/cube number where the phone will be placed.
- Type of phone needed.
**The standard CISCO phone currently being used is the “CISCO 8945”**
Completing the CISCO/VoIP Phone Order through the Department:
- Once you have submitted the request through IT, complete a Requisition Form (found on the department website) that includes funding source and name of employee the phone is for.
- Also make sure to include the service request number of the IT request on the Requisition Form.
After Submitting a Phone Order Request:
- IT will contact you directly about the IT request. You will need to refer them to the appropriate fiscal contact to complete payment for the order.
- The order will not be completed by the fiscal contact without an approved submitted requisition.
- Once payment has been received, the phone will be delivered directly to you (the requestor) unless you arrange with IT to have it delivered to an alternative location.