Preparing a grant application? Whether you’re new to the process or an old pro, you’ll find a rich repository of resources to help guide you through the process in the HOBI Grants Toolkit.
Start by familiarizing yourself with the UF and HOBI grant submission process, including UFirst Usability and the HOBI departmental guidelines below. UFirst is the proposal and award management system used by the University of Florida. Before preparing your grant proposal for submission, be sure to explore all the tools in this toolkit, including helpful checklists, instructional guides and much more.
When you’re ready to submit a new proposal, access the Wizehive submission portal here. You can also check the status of a recent submission and view all ongoing department proposals through Wizehive.
Need additional help? The HOBI Grants Team is more than happy to assist.
HOBI Grants 101
1. Familiarize yourself with the submission process
2. Use checklists to guide you
Use the appropriate checklist below to guide you through the grants review process.
- Leadership Checklist
- PI Award Responsibilities Checklist
- Proposal Submission Checklist
- PI Coordinator Sub-recipient Checklist
- No Cost Extension Request Checklist
3. Access Wizehive
Please use the Wizehive links below to submit a new grant proposal, to check the status of your recent submission or to view all ongoing department proposals. Use the Business Associate Agreement (BAA) and Data Use Agreement (DUA) portal to submit BAA/DUA requests.
- Submission Portal. For help using the portal, please use the WizeHive Portal Instructions
- Proposal Dashboard
- BAA/DUA Portal
NEXT STEPS AFTER SUBMISSION
- If your grant submission is due in less than 21 days:
- You will receive an email with instructions to complete the necessary forms.
- Upon completion of the required forms, your grant application will be sent to your Division Lead for review.
- If your grant submission is due in more than 21 days:
- Your grant application will be sent to your Division Lead for review.
- Upon approval, you will be sent instructions to complete the necessary forms and grant completion due dates.
4. Budget Templates
Use a template to set up and refine your budget.
5. UFirst Usability
For helpful tips and information while using UFirst, refer to the instructional guides available through the UF Human Resources website.
For Information related to UF Conflicts of Interest Program:
Note: All Key Personnel listed on an Award must complete the FCOI certification activity. In this activity Key Personnel respond to the questions that may aid in identifying a potential conflict of interest. Answers to these questions have additional security applied for privacy. The responses are only viewable by the Division of Sponsored Programs and the Division of Research Compliance.
For information related to Outside Activities:
Note: Disclosing outside activities and interests is a personal responsibility under UF policy and state and federal law. Because disclosures are for activities and interests that are not part of your UF job, it is not appropriate to delegate this task to others.
For information related to Fundamental Considerations for UF Employees:
For questions regarding Outside Activities and Financial Interests related to research, contact the COI Program at UFOLIOfirstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding Research Conflict of Interest (COI-R), contact email@example.com or Amber Moore, Assistant Director, COI-R at 352-273-3104. For questions regarding the issue of foreign influence in general or to discuss any specific foreign affiliations or activities, contact Cassandra Farley, Associate Director of Research Integrity, at 352-392-9174.
Expand your grants expertise using the informative presentations and links below.
- Managing Your Award FAQ’s
- General Post-Award Training
- How to submit a CAS Exemption
- NIH Research Performance Progress Report (RPPR) guidelines
- UF Effort Reduction Template Letter
- Please note: This template letter includes most of the general/necessary items for key personnel effort reduction requests. There may be additional items requested by the DSP core office dependent on the Sponsor terms and conditions.
Creating a biosketch
- What is an NIH biosketch?
- What is a PCORI biosketch?
- What is SciENcv?
Summary of UF facilities and resources
Use me! To summarize UF’s robust resources and ability to support your research project, edit the following template for your grant application.
Research Administration and Division of Sponsored Programs (DSP) resources
DSP offers a wealth of information and answers to many questions you may have, including the UF DUNS number, EIN number, and student funding information.
Data Transfer and Use Agreement (DUA) templates and information
Get a jump-start on completing a Data Transfer and Use Agreement by using the UF template and following recommended guidance.
In submitting your grant proposal, additional support may be requested to assure there are no competing overlaps in budget or commitment. Use the links below to navigate this submission.
Meet the Grants Team
To maximize shared success in research, innovation and creative scholarly activities for all our faculty, staff, and students by providing leadership and expertise in research administration and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.