Preparing a grant application? Whether you’re new to the process or an old pro, you’ll find a rich repository of resources to help guide you through the process in the HOBI Grants Toolkit.
Start by familiarizing yourself with the UF and HOBI grant submission process, including UFirst Usability and the HOBI departmental guidelines below. UFirst is the proposal and award management system used by the University of Florida. Before preparing your grant proposal for submission, be sure to explore all the tools in this toolkit, including helpful checklists, instructional guides and much more.
When you’re ready to submit a new proposal, access the Wizehive submission portal here. You can also check the status of a recent submission and view all ongoing department proposals through Wizehive.
Need additional help? The HOBI Grants Team is more than happy to assist.
HOBI Grants 101
1. Familiarize yourself with the submission process
2. Use checklists to guide you
Use the appropriate checklist below to guide you through the grants review process.
- Leadership Checklist
- PI Award Responsibilities Checklist
- PI Coordinator Sub-recipient Checklist
- No Cost Extension Request Checklist
3. Access Wizehive
Please use the Wizehive links below to submit a new grant proposal, to check the status of your recent submission or to view all ongoing department proposals. Use the Business Associate Agreement (BAA) and Data Use Agreement (DUA) portal to submit BAA/DUA requests.
- Submission Portal. For help using the portal, please use the WizeHive Portal Instructions
- Proposal Dashboard
- BAA/DUA Portal
NEXT STEPS AFTER SUBMISSION
- If your grant submission is due in less than 21 days:
- You will receive an email with instructions to complete the necessary forms.
- Upon completion of the required forms, your grant application will be sent to your Division Lead for review.
- If your grant submission is due in more than 21 days:
- Your grant application will be sent to your Division Lead for review.
- Upon approval, you will be sent instructions to complete the necessary forms and grant completion due dates.
4. UFirst Usability
For helpful tips and information while using UFirst, refer to the instructional guides available through the UF Human Resources website.
Expand your grants expertise using the informative presentations and links below.
Creating a biosketch
Research Administration and Division of Sponsored Programs (DSP) resources
The DSP resources offers a wealth of information and answers to questions you may have, including the UF DUNS number, EIN number, and student funding information.
Meet the Grants Team
To maximize shared success in research, innovation and creative scholarly activities for all our faculty, staff, and students by providing leadership and expertise in research administration and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.