Assistant Research Scientist, Health Outcomes & Biomedical Informatics
Faculty, Institute for Child Health Policy
Phone: (352) 273-7895
University of Florida
2199 Mowry Road, Room 142
PO Box 100147
Gainesville, FL 32611
- Ph.D., Disability Studies, University of Illinois at Chicago
- M.P.H., Social and Behavioral Sciences, University of Florida
- B.S., Health Sciences, University of Florida
Vijay Vasudevan is an Assistant Research Scientist in the Department of Health Outcomes & Biomedical Informatics at the University of Florida. His current projects include evaluating the compliance standards of Texas Mediciad providers and assessing the validity of quality of care indicators for facilities that serve people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Mixed methods
- Psychometric evaluation of questionnaires
- Large data set analysis
- Health promotion for people with disabilities
- Eisenberg, Y., Vanderbom, K & Vasudevan, V. Does the Built Environment Moderate the Relationship between Disability and Physical Activity: a Systematic Review. Preventive Medicine (accepted for publication)
- Vasudevan, V. (2016). An exploration of how people with mobility disabilities rate community barriers to physical activity. Californian Journal of Health Promotion 14(1). 37-43.
- Vasudevan, V., Rimmer, JH., & Kviz, F. (2015). Development of the Barriers to Physical Activity Questionnaire for People with Mobility Impairments. Disability and Health Journal. 8(4). 547-556.
- Lopez, EDS., Vasudevan, V., Egensteiner, E., Lanzone, M., Andresen, E., Hannold, EM.,& Graff, S. (2012). Florida mammographer disability training vs needs. Radiologic Technology. 83(4). 337-348.
- Lopez EDS., Vasudevan, V., Egensteiner E., et al. (2010). Evaluating Photo-Maps as tools for education, research, and empowerment. Disability and Health Journal. 3(2):e3.
- 2013 Student Member Award: APHA Disability Section
- 2012 Scholarship Award Recipient: Project Intersect
- 2008 Student Scholarship Award: APHA Disability Section
- 2008 Public Health Scholar: Suwannee River Area Health Education Center