Assistant Research Scientist, Health Outcomes & Biomedical Informatics
Faculty, Institute for Child Health Policy
Phone: (352) 627-9099
2199 Mowry Road, 116
PO Box 100165
Gainesville, FL 32610-0165
- Ph.D., University of Florida, Geography
- Masters of Arts, University of South Florida, Geography
- Bachelor of Arts, Major: Geography, Minor: Environmental Science, Stetson University
Jaclyn Hall, Ph.D., is an Assistant Research Scientist in the College of Medicine, Institute for Child Health Policy at the University of Florida. She is trained as a spatial ecologist and has almost two decades of experience conducting research on spatial questions using geospatial technologies. She is experienced in using environmental and demographic datasets to examine how humans interact with the natural environment. Dr. Hall contributes to a variety of health policy related projects, including geocoding, mapping, creation of new spatial data sets, cluster analysis, study group delineation. In addition to facilitating the spatial analysis needs of projects and research of the Department of Health Outcomes and Policy and the Institute for Child Health Policy, Dr. Hall is developing a research program that investigates the pattern and process of homogenization of neighborhoods within heterogeneous cities and the implications for health outcomes and using environmental data to understand health outcomes.
- Spatial analysis
- Remote sensing
- Geographic information systems
- Health and medical geography
AF Walker, JM Hall, EA Shenkman, MJ Gurka, et al. 2018 Geographic access to endocrinologists for Florida’s publicly insured children with diabetes. The American Journal of Managed Care. 24 (4):SP106.
- Filipp S, Cardel M, Hall J, Essner R, Lemas D, Janicke D, Smith S, Nadglowski J, Donahoo W, Cooper-Dehoff R, Nelson D, Hogan W, Shenkman E, Gurka M., 2018, Characterization of Adult Obesity in Florida Using the OneFlorida Clinical Research Consortium. Obesity Science & Practice.
- Salloum R, George T, Silver N, Markham MJ, Hall J, Guo Y, Bian J, and Shenkman E. 2018. Rural-Urban and Racial-Ethnic Differences in Awareness of Direct-to-Consumer Genetic. BMC Public Health. 18(1):277.
- Smith S, McAuliffe K, Hall J, McDonough C, Gurka M, Robinson T, Sacco R, Pepine C, Shenkman E and Cooper-DeHoff R, 2018. Hypertension in Florida: Data From the OneFlorida Clinical Data Research Network. Preventing chronic disease, 15.
- Hall J, Shenkman E, and Fu CS. 2017, Outlier in Analysis of Cancer Mortality by US County. Journal of American Medical Association. 317(18): 1910-1911.