Phone: (352) 294-5969
Fax: (352) 265-8047
Clinical and Translational Research Building
2004 Mowry Road, Suite 2251
PO Box 100177
Gainesville, FL 32610-0177
- Ph.D., The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- MSPH, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- B.S., Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
Dr. Yi Guo is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Health Outcomes & Biomedical Informatics in the College of Medicine at University of Florida. He is a biostatistician and cancer outcomes researcher. His research areas include statistical methodology for sample size estimation, cancer outcomes, prevention and control, and health care delivery. His research focuses on eliminating health disparities, studying behavioral health issues, and the environmental and social determinants of health in low-income populations.
Dr. Guo has extensive experience collaborating with social and behavioral scientists, health professionals, and health policy experts on the design, coordination, and analysis of community-based research projects on health behavior. He has strong study design, data collection, and analytical skills in quantitative and qualitative research, including large and small-scale surveys and multivariable and multivariate regression modeling, as applied in multi-level and longitudinal settings.
- Health Outcomes Measurement and Evaluation
- Risk Prediction Models
- Mobile Health
- HOP Faculty Member Invited to Talk about Study Design at the Arkansas Children’s Hospital Research Institute
- HOP Faculty Awarded Pilot Grant for Facebook App to Increase Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Campaign increases first-time mouth and throat cancer screenings among low-income rural Floridians
- Research Team Finds Better Communication is Key to Overall Oral Health
- Interdisciplinary Team of Researchers Publishes Findings Linking Health Literacy with Better Oral Health
- Emanuel AS, Parish AE, Logan HL, Dodd VJ, Zheng D, Guo Y (Corresponding). Dental visits mediate the impact of smoking on oral health in a rural community cohort: a longitudinal mediation analysis. Am J Health Behav. 2018;42(1):59-68
- Zhang H†, Guo Y†, Hogan W, Li Q, George TJ, Shenkman EA, Bian J (2017). Ontology-guided Semantic Data Integration to Support Integrative Data Analysis: A Case Study of Cancer Survival. Proceedings of IEEE 2017 International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM 2017) (†co-first authors). (forthcoming).
- Lossio-Ventura JA, Hogan W, Modave F, Guo Y, He Z, Hicks A, Bian J (2017). OC-2-KB: A software pipeline to build an evidence-based obesity and cancer knowledge base. Proceedings of IEEE 2017 International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM 2017). (forthcoming).
- He Z, Gonzalez-Izquierdo A, Denaxas S, Sura A, Guo Y, Hogan WR, Shenkman E, Bian J. (2017). Comparing and Contrasting A Priori and A Posteriori Generalizability Assessment on Clinical Trials on Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Proceedings of American Medical Informatics Association 2017 Annual Symposium. American Medical Informatics Association. (forthcoming).
- Chavez S, Fedele DA, Guo Y, Bernier A, Smith MD, Warnick J, Modave F. Mobile Apps for the Management of Diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2017 Aug; dc170853.
- Case K, Guo Y, Nixon SJ, Muller K, Huo T, Prather R, Morris H, Stoner D, Shenkman E. Exploring the Role of Executive Functioning Capacity in Patient Activation and Health Outcomes Among Medicaid Members With Multiple Comorbidities. Med Care Res Rev. 2017:1077558717709419.
- Bian J†, Guo Y†, Xie M, Parish AE, Wardlaw I, Brown R, Modave F, Zheng D, Perry TT. Exploring the Association Between Self-Reported Asthma Impact and Fitbit-Derived Sleep Quality and Physical Activity Measures in Adolescents. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2017 Jul 25;5(7):e105. (†co-first authors)
- Gurka MJ, Golden SH, Musani SK, Sims M, Vishnu A, Guo Y, Cardel M, Pearson TA, DeBoer MD. Independent associations between a metabolic syndrome severity score and future diabetes by sex and race: the Atherosclerosis Risk In Communities Study and Jackson Heart Study. Diabetologia. 2017 Jul;60(7):1261-1270.
- Testing Additional Pediatric Quality measures: Extraction of permanent Molar and Treatment in Sealed Occlusal Surface
- GMS 6822: Measuring and Analyzing Health Outcomes