Phone: (352) 692-0893
Clinical and Translational Research Building
2197 Mowry Road, Module 117-15
PO Box 100177
Gainesville, FL 32610-0177
- B.Sc. McGill University, Montreal
- M.Sc. McGill University, Montreal
- Ph.D. McGill University, Montreal
MSDOS Analysis Programs
Jonathan Shuster is a professor emeritus in the College of Medicine, Department of Health Outcomes & Biomedical Informatics, and Director of Research Design and Analysis Program, University of Florida Clinical and Translational Science Institute.
He has been on the University of Florida faculty since 1969. Between 1980 and 2000, he served as the founding Group Statistician for the Pediatric Oncology Group, one of the cooperative clinical trials groups funded by the National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health (NIH). He has been PI or Co-PI on over $30 million in federal grants. He is a member of the Cardiovascular and Sleep Epidemiology Study Section for the NIH, his fifth term on an NIH study section. He is also a member of the Editorial Board of the journal Sequential Analysis. In past years, he has served as Associate Editor, Journal of the American Statistical Association and on the Editorial Board of Blood.
Group Sequential Designs for Clinical Trials, Sample Size Determination, Clinical Epidemiology, Meta-analysis.
- Leverence R, Nuttall R, Palmer R, Segal M, Wood A, Yancey, F, Shuster J, Brantly, M, Hromas R. Using Organizational Philosophy to Create a Self-Sustaining Compensation Plan Without Harming Academic Missions. Academic Medicine, 2016 (In Press)
- Kawaguchi-Suzuki M, Nasiri-Kenari N, Shuster J, Gmitter F, Cancalon P, de Oliveria F, Kight J, Handberg E, Pepine C, Frye RF, Cooper-DeHoff R. The Effect of Low Furanocoumarin Grapefruit Hybrid Juice Consumption on Midazolam Pharmacokinetics. Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, In Press, 2016.
- Van Dillen C,Tice M, Patel A, Meurer D, Tyndall JA, Elie-Turenne M, Shuster J. Trauma Simulation Increases Confidence Levels in Prehospital Personnel Performing Life-Saving Interventions in Trauma Patients. Emergency Medicine International, in Press 2016.
- Zou B, Zou F, Shuster JJ, Tighe PJ, Koch GG, Zhou H. On variance estimate for covariate adjustment by propensity score analysis. Stat Med. 2016 Sep 10;35(20):3537-48. doi: 10.1002/sim.6943. Epub 2016 Mar 21. PubMed PMID: 26999553; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4961520.
- Rodriguez CS, Rowe M, Thomas L, Shuster J, Koeppel B, Cairns P. Enhancing the Communication of Suddenly Speechless Critical Care Patients. Am J Crit Care. 2016 May;25(3):e40-7. doi: 10.4037/ajcc2016217. PubMed PMID: 27134237; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4855698.
- Eastern North American Region, American Statistical Association Invited Presentation March 25, 2019, Philadelphia PA. “Meta-Analysis of Randomized Clinical Trials”.