Phone: (352) 294-4997
Clinical and Translational Research Building
2004 Mowry Road, Suite 2243
PO Box 100177
Gainesville, FL 32610-0177
- Ph.D., Economics, Wayne State University
- M.A., Economics, University of South Florida
- M.B.A., Business Administration, University of South Florida
- B.S., Management Information Systems, University of South Florida
Dr. Salloum is an assistant professor in the Department of Health Outcomes and Policy at the University of Florida College of Medicine and a member of the UF Health Cancer Center and the Institute for Child Health Policy. He is a health services researcher whose work has consistently focused on decision making across the cancer prevention and control continuum, including prevention, screening, and treatment. His research considers the influence of guidelines and incentives on the demand for health and healthcare across the cancer control continuum.
He is the recipient of two NCI-supported fellowships from the Health Care Systems Research Network (HCSRN)’s Cancer Research Network (CRN) Scholars Program (2015-2017); and the Mentored Training for Dissemination and Implementation Research in Cancer (MT-DIRC) Program (2016-2018). Given his research experiences in studying the provision of healthcare services, his goal is to increase the uptake of innovative value-added cancer prevention and control strategies by improving our understanding of patient values and preferences, and enhancing stakeholder engagement.
- Tobacco control
- Health preference measurement
- Implementation science
- Health economics
- Cancer control and prevention
- HOP Researcher Says Study Documenting E-Cigarette Use Among Cancer Survivors Raises Concerns
- HOP Researcher Calls for Increased Research on Waterpipe in AJPH Commentary
- Two HOP Faculty Members Selected as NCI Cancer Fellows at Washington University in St. Louis
- Local Newspaper Features HOP Faculty
- New HOP Faculty Member Joins Cancer Research Network 2015 Scholar Cohort
- Larger and private colleges and universities more likely to attract hookah establishments
- Salloum RG, Shenkman EA, Louviere JJ, Chambers DA. Application of discrete choice experiments to enhance stakeholder engagement as a strategy for advancing implementation: a systematic review. Implement Sci. 2017 Nov 23;12(1):140.
- Young-Wolff KC, Klebaner D, Folck B, Carter-Harris L, Salloum RG, Prochaska JJ, Fogelberg R, Tan ASL. Do you vape? Leveraging electronic health records to assess clinician documentation of electronic nicotine delivery system use among adolescents and adults. Prev Med. 2017 Dec;105:32-36.
- Tan ASL, Young-Wolff KC, Carter-Harris L, Salloum RG, Banerjee SC. Disparities in the Receipt of Tobacco Treatment Counseling within the US Context of the Affordable Care Act and Meaningful Use Implementation. Nicotine Tob Res. 2017 Oct 20.
- Salloum RG, Abu-Rmeileh N, Hamadeh R, Thomas J, Mostafa A, Yusufali A, Kheirallah KA, Macauda MM, Theis RP, El Kadi L, Johnson EJ, Darawad MW, Nakkash R. Policy-Relevant Context of Waterpipe Tobacco Smoking among University Students in Six Countries Across the Eastern Mediterranean Region: A Qualitative Study. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2017 Sep 27;18(9):2533-2540.
- Ortiz K, Mamkherzi J, Salloum R, Matthews AK, Maziak W. Waterpipe tobacco smoking among sexual minorities in the United States: Evidence from the National Adult Tobacco Survey (2012-2014). Addict Behav. 2017 Nov;74:98-105.
- Salloum RG, Louviere JJ, Getz KR, Islam F, Anshari D, Cho Y, O’Connor RJ, Hammond D, Thrasher JF. Evaluation of strategies to communicate harmful and potentially harmful constituent (HPHC) information through cigarette package inserts: a discrete choice experiment. Tob Control. 2017 Jul 13. pii: tobaccocontrol-2016-053579.
- OneFlorida Cancer Control Alliance
- Waterpipe Tobacco Smoking among University Students: Testing Policy and Prevention Tools using a Discrete Choice Experiment
- A Preference-Based Decision Aid for Tobacco Prevention in Adolescent Primary Care
- 2017-present Member, American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Tobacco Consortium
- 2017-2018 Vice-Chair, ASPO International Issues in Cancer SIG
- 2017 Exemplary Teacher Award, UF College of Medicine
- 2016-2018 Fellow, NCI Mentored Training in Dissemination and Implementation Research (MT-DIRC)
- 2016-2017 Member, SRNT Global Health Network – Advisory Committee
- 2016-2017 Member, OneFlorida Cancer Control Alliance – Scientific Advisory Committee
- 2015-2017 Scholar, NCI Cancer Research Network (CRN) Scholars Program
- GMS 6851 – Health Outcomes Research, Program Evaluation, and Implementation Science